The CaStar Infant hood is a comfortable, versatile and lightweight CPAP patient interface for infants. It is designed to offer an alternative to traditional methods of CPAP delivery. It is well tolerated for extended periods and can reduce the risks associated with both endotracheal intubation and face mask use.
Technical Features include:
• Manufactured from phthalate-free materials
• Available in two sizes, providing an ideal option for CPAP therapy for a range of patient sizes
• Fitted with inflatable headrest
• Atraumatic harness for patient comfort
• Fitted with integrated pressure gauge to check the presence of pressure within the hood
• Two versatile sealed access ports suitable for single or multiple lumen probes or catheters
• New design patient access port. Fitted with bi-directional anti-asphyxiation valve which opens automatically in the event of pressure failure
• Patient access port with screw cap. Fitted with bidirectional anti-suffocation valve which opens automatically in the event of pressure failure
Single packed. Custom-packs are supplied on specific request of the customer.
The StarMed study database features studies covering a range of clinical scenarios and each study entry includes a brief summary abstract and further categorisation and tagging so you can search for studies based on their clinical setting, author, journal, date and any key words. We will continue to add new posts as further studies are released - so keep checking for the latest supporting material.