The CaStar Ped is a comfortable, versatile and lightweight CPAP interface for paediatrics. It is designed to offer an alternative to traditional methods of CPAP delivery. The CaStar Ped is well tolerated for extended periods and can reduce the risks associated with both endotracheal intubation and face mask use. It can be used in both semirecumbent and supine positions providing an ideal option for CPAP therapy.
Technical Features include:
• Manufactured from phthalate-free materials
• 22M/22F connectors compliant to ISO standard
• Comfortable and atraumatic underarm fastening straps
• Fitted with integrated pressure gauge to check the presence of pressure within the hood
• Two versatile sealed access ports suitable for probes or catheters of various gauges
• New design patient access port. Fitted with bi-directional anti-asphyxiation valve which opens automatically in the event of pressure failure
Single packed. Custom-packs are supplied on specific request of the customer.
The StarMed study database features studies covering a range of clinical scenarios and each study entry includes a brief summary abstract and further categorisation and tagging so you can search for studies based on their clinical setting, author, journal, date and any key words. We will continue to add new posts as further studies are released - so keep checking for the latest supporting material.