The CaStar R is a comfortable, versatile and lightweight patient interface for non invasive mechanical ventilation (NIV) designed to offer an alternative to traditional methods of NIV delivery. The CaStar R is well tolerated for extended periods and can reduce the risks associated with both endotracheal intubation and face mask use.
• Manufactured from phthalate-free materials
• Comfortable and atraumatic underarm fastening straps
• Built in inflatable neck cushion
• Two versatile sealed access ports suitable for single or multiple lumen probes or catheters
• New design patient access port. Fitted with bi-directional anti-asphyxiation valve which opens automatically in the event of pressure failure
Single packed. Custom-packs are supplied on specific request of the customer.
Key studies discussing optimal ventilator settings and CO2 rebreathing topics are extensively discussed in our StarMed study portfolio. The StarMed study database features studies covering a range of clinical scenarios and each study entry includes a brief summary abstract and further categorisation and tagging so you can search for studies based on their clinical setting, author, journal, date and any key words. We will continue to add new posts as further studies are released - so keep checking for the latest supporting material.